Watch this video on how to schedule your first broadcast.
Follow these steps below to schedule a broadcast inside the BoxCast Dashboard
1. From your Dashboard, click Schedule a Broadcast.
2. Enter the information for that broadcast. You will want to fill out the title, description, add a preview image, select your source (BoxCaster, Broadcaster App or RTMP), date of the broadcast, start time and end time.
3. Is it a recurring broadcast? If yes, you will want to check "Make This a Recurring Broadcast" button. Learn more about recurring broadcasts here.If you do not want to set up a recurring broadcast, skip this step.
4. If you are using a scoreboard select that next. If you are not using a BoxCast scoreboard graphic or you don't see this option, skip this step.
5. Select your broadcast type.
- Ticketing Broadcasts can be embedded on your website or sent to your viewers via the BoxCast.tv link. Learn more about ticketing here.
- Private broadcasts will only appear in the dashboard. You can send a private broadcast to someone with the BoxCast.tv link created when the broadcast is created.
6. Select a channel. If you are using the channel feature, pick what channel you want the broadcast to appear in.
7. Select your social media destinations by clicking on the blue icon for social media. BoxCast allows you to stream to unlimited social media destinations and has integrations for the most common outlets like Facebook, Youtube, and Periscope (Twitter). We have an Other RTMP option if you plan on stream to Twitch or other social media destinations, as well.
8. The last step is to configure your advanced settings. If you are using the BoxCaster, you will see a lot more options then streaming with RTMP. Leaving these on Auto-detect is what we recommend but to learn more about advanced settings, click here!
9. Once the broadcast is scheduled, you will be directed to the Broadcast Details page where you will be able to edit the broadcast as needed.
Q: What happens if my broadcast is not over but we get to the end time?
A: You can always extend the end time of the broadcast while it is live to ensure this doesnt happen. If you do hit the end time the broadcast will stop so you will need to start another one.
Q: How do I stop a broadcast?
A: After the broadcast is live, you will want to click on that broadcast and you will see a red STOP BROADCAST button on the right-hand side of the screen.
Q: Can I edit the broadcast while it is live?
A: Yes! Just click on Edit in the top right corner of the broadcast and you can edit the settings.