Looking to Schedule Facebook using the Broadcaster App? Click HERE
BoxCast has the ability to easily broadcast to Facebook Live. This is sometimes referred to as simulcasting - you'll be simultaneously broadcast to unlimited destinations. This includes BoxCast video player on your website, Apple Tv /Roku/Fire Tv, Facebook Live, YouTube, Twitter, and any Other RTMP destination. If you are trying to stream to a Facebook group or page click on this link here to learn how.
Be aware, Facebook operates on INDIVIDUAL USERS. You must have a user who is assigned as an Admin of a page in order to send to a page. You CANNOT use a business page login. You must use your own Facebook credentials and then be set as an Admin of the business page through Facebook's settings.
If you would like to do this with the Broadcaster App, check out this article - How to Stream to Facebook, YouTube, Periscope and other RTMP destinations with the Broadcaster App
Follow these steps below to configure your account for Facebook Live streaming.
*If you logged into the dashboard with your Facebook Account already, skip to step 4 to see how to schedule a broadcast to go to Facebook Live.
1. Click on Settings in the bottom left corner of the dashboard, click on add integration and then click Link Facebook Account.
2. Enter your Facebook credentials to log in securely through Facebook.
- The pages you can post to will be under "Pages Managed" If you do not see the account you want to stream to, please check to make sure you are an Administrator NOT an editor of that page.
- The integration will link your personal account and allow you to stream to any page, group, or event you are an Admin of.
Q: Why is it linking my personal account?
A: It will link your personal account and allow you to steam to any pages you are an administrator for on Facebook. Meaning, if you are an admin of multiple pages through your personal Facebook login then you will have access to those pages (as long as you grant BoxCast permission) via that same single login. Once the integration is configured, your Dashboard will display the pages that Facebook says your account is allowed to manage.
Q: Can I stream to Facebook and YouTube at the same time?
A: Yes! Check out this article to see how.
How to Broadcast to Facebook, YouTube and Periscope (Twitter) Simultaneously
Q: My Facebook Account is linked in the BoxCast Dashboard but my stream did not go to Facebook. What happened?
A: You must link each broadcast to Facebook Live if you plan on streaming there. Please make sure to follow steps 4 - 7.
Q: Can I stream to a Facebook Group or Event?
A: Yes! Please go to this article to learn more.
How to Live Stream to your Facebook Group or Event
What restrictions are there when broadcasting with Facebook Live?
- Note that Facebook's API will automatically use the login information stored in your browser cache. To use different login information you must go to Facebook, log out, then log into the page you want to manage, and THEN go back to BoxCast and setup the integration.
- Facebook Live's transcoded bit rates are usually lower than BoxCast's, which may reduce quality for your Facebook stream's viewers.
- Facebook Live frequently sums stereo audio to mono. Learn how to fix that here.
- Facebook live broadcasts cannot be longer than 8 hours. If your BoxCast stream is longer than 8 hours the event will no longer be broadcasted on Facebook. We will continue broadcasting the stream on BoxCast, however, and you can re-enable the Facebook Live broadcast through the "Edit Event Details" section of the video by removing, saving, then re-adding your Facebook Live destination (which will create a new video on Facebook).
- Facebook can and will remove your broadcast if they detect that you are using copyrighted content (even if you have a license to use that content). If you notice a video is not posted on your Facebook feed be sure to check your Notifications as Facebook will normally send a message explaining why your video has been blocked from streaming.
For additional questions, contact the BoxCast Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org