Larix is an app that you can download in the google play store (Download Here) This will give you the ability to stream from an Android phone to BoxCast. Follow the steps below to learn how.
1. Download the Larix App on your device.
2. Open the app and click on the gear icon to the right of the screen.
3. Click on Connections.
4. Click on New Connection.
5. Name the connection "BoxCast" and stick your RTMP URL from the sources tab of the BoxCast dashboard in URL and click SAVE.
*Picture of RTMP URL in Sources Tab. Dont have RTMP in your dashboard? Click here.
When clicking on your connections area in the app you should now see the "BoxCast" Connection.
6. Make sure you have a broadcast scheduled in the BoxCast Dashboard and click the big red stream button to begin streaming.
7. We recommend hitting stream on Larix 5-10 minutes before your scheduled broadcast start time so it goes live on the time you scheduled. Example: If you scheduled a broadcast to start at 10 AM. Hit the red stream button at 9:55 to ensure it goes live at 10 AM.
1. What microphone do you recommend for broadcasting with my phone?
If you have additional questions please feel free to reach out to questions@BoxCast.com.