This article will describe all the steps you will need to take to stream from your ATEM Mini Pro to BoxCast via RTMP. This article is designed to show you on a Macbook. If you want to do it on a PC, click here. Here is the XML file you can download if you do not want to edit your own XML File.
1. You will need to go to this folder on your Mac - /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Switchers
To do this, Open Finder, then go to the menu and choose Go -> Go To Folder...
Enter: /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Switchers
2. Copy your "Streaming.xml" and paste a copy on your desktop. This is the.XML file we will work off of. If you enter something wrong, you can always copy and paste the original to try again.
3. Opening up the copy of the Streaming.xml in TextEdit.
4. Copy the Facebook code starting with <service> and ending with </service>.
5. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Streaming.xml file and paste the Facebook code. You will want to add a space after </service>, hit the tab key, copy the code, and leave </streaming> at the bottom. Change the name from "Facebook" to BoxCast and change the Facebook server URL to the BoxCast Server URL which is rtmp://rtmp.boxcast.com/live
After you are done, save the file.
6. Rename the other streaming file from the folder "StreamingOriginal.xml" and drag and drop your new "Streaming.xml" into the folder. The Atem Mini will only read a file called "Streaming.xml"
6. Restart or open your Atem Software Control and you will now see "BoxCast" as an option.
7. Next, get your stream key from the BoxCast dashboard and insert it into the "Key" area of the ATEM Control.
8. Click the ON AIR Button to begin streaming to BoxCast. You will need to have a broadcast scheduled in BoxCast as well.