BoxCast supports RTMP destinations that require you to authenticate the RTMP with a username and password. Follow the steps below to ensure your set up is correct.
1. In the BoxCast Dashboard, go to Settings and then Integrations.
2. Click on Add Integration and then RTMP Destination.
3. Select Use Authentication and enter in the information below.
4. While scheduling a broadcast your new RTMP destination will appear under Show Social Media Broadcast Settings.
5. Click on Other RTMP and select the destination. When you are done scheduling, we will start sending data to that server at the start time of the broadcast.
1. Will there be a delay between our stream and the other RTMP destination?
- Yes. The delay will remain and be about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
2. Can I use Single-Use Other RTMP for this User Authentication Method?
- Yes. We highly recommend using the settings above but if you have to use Single-Use Other RTMP you will need to type in the username and password into the server URL. It would look like this for example rtmp://user:email@example.com/live. You will need to add your username and password separated by a : in the middle of the server URL.
If you have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help!