01.15.20: Note that Facebook currently does not support streaming to EVENTS through their API. If you are trying to stream to an event you will want to setup an Other RTMP destination.
BoxCast gives you the ability to stream to your Facebook page, timeline, group, or event. In this article, we will be going over how to stream to your group or event. If you are want to stream to your Facebook page or timeline click here to learn more! Follow these steps below to stream to your Facebook Group or Event.
1. Log into the BoxCast Dashboard and go to settings, integrations, and link your Facebook account. If your Facebook account is already linked, please click the "Re-Link Integration" button if this is your first time streaming to a group or an event.
2. Go to facebook.com and click on the group you wish to stream to. You must be an Administrator of the group to set up live streaming. Once you get to the group click on "More."
3. Click on "Edit Group Settings."
4. Click on "Add Apps."
5. Search for BoxCast and add the App.
6. If you have linked the App correctly. It will show up here.
7. Schedule a broadcast in the Boxcast Dashboard and select the group you wish to stream to.
8. (Optional Step) Once the broadcast is scheduled, click on "Create the scheduled live event now" to show your group members you will be going live at a certain time.
9. Once you go live, the broadcast will automatically appear on your group page.
If a group has NOT added the BoxCast app and a user tries to post there, all account users will get an email like this one. Please add the BoxCast App to the group before streaming.