- Available on Growth and Experience Plans
BoxCast makes it easy to capture and showcase your big moments. Simply follow these instructions to begin making your own highlights clips during the broadcast or after the broadcast has ended.
How to create highlight clips during the broadcast:
1. Log into the BoxCast dashboard and click play on the current live stream you wish to take a highlight from.
2. Hover over the video player and hit the camera icon in the bottom right corner of the video player.
3. Give your highlight a description and select if you would like to highlight before or after you clicked the camera icon.
4. Your highlight will now appear below the video player on the broadcast details page and on BoxCast.tv.
*BoxCast.tv example link below
5. Click on the highlight clip in the dashboard to share to social media, embed or download the clip.
How to create highlight clips after the broadcast is over:
1. Click into the broadcast you wish to create a highlight clip for.
2. Click on Edit Highlight Clips to begin creating a new highlight.
3. Click on Capture New Highlight.
4. Drag the yellow trim tools to the desired position of the highlight clip. Give the highlight a name and a brief description and click Save Changes.
5. You will now see your highlight clip appear here. From here you can delete it, download it, edit it or share it to your social media platforms.
Common Questions about Highlight Clips
1. I do not see the camera icon in the on the video player? What am I doing wrong?
The camera icon for creating highlight clips will only show up on a computer web browser. You cannot create highlights from your phone or inside of the BoxCast Broadcaster app.
2. How long can my highlight clip be?
There is currently no limit on how long a highlight clip can be. However, if the broadcast is ticketed and the highlight clip is over 5 minutes, it cannot be shared to social media.
3. When I download a highlight clip, what format will it be in?
The highlight clip will be in an mp4 format when it is downloaded.
Have more ideas for highlight clips? Please feel free to submit those ideas to email@example.com. If you have more questions about how highlight clips work, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help.