Important note: If you cycle the power (unplug) on the ChurchStreamer, you will lose your setting configuration and will have to go back through these steps.
Integrating the ChurchStreamer with BoxCast
The ChurchStreamer is a hardware encoder sold by churchstreaming.tv. (The Digicast DMB-8800A Premium has previously been offered for sale by ChurchStreaming.tv as the ChurchStreamer.) You can stream from this family of encoders to BoxCast using RTMP.
Many of our customers come to us from churchstreaming.tv, and they wish to utilize the encoder they’ve purchased from churchstreaming.tv, the ChurchStreamer. Luckily, one can easily reconfigure it to stream to BoxCast using RTMP.
To stream to BoxCast using a ChurchStreamer
1. Plug power, network, and a video input into the ChurchStreamer. Power it on and ensure it can connect to the internet. For more detailed help with setting up the ChurchStreamer, consult the installation instructions that came with the ChurchStreamer, or the Digicast DMB-8800A documentation.
Note: Out of the box, the ChurchStreamer comes configured with a static address. If you wish to use DHCP assignment, consult Digicast’s documentation for network configuration.
2. Obtain your ChurchStreamer’s IP address, and enter it in a new browser tab or window to visit the device’s web page:
3. Go to the Sources tab on the BoxCast Dashboard and get your RTMP URL and Stream Key.
4. Click on HDMI main or SDI main (depending on which model you have) in the left-hand menu:
5. Configure the following parameters on this page:
H.264 Level: high profile
Encoding frame rate: 30 (for 29.97/30/59.98/60 fps inputs) or 25 (for 25/50 fps inputs)
Bitrate control: cbr
Key interval: 60 (for 29.97/30/59.98/60 fps inputs) or 50 (for 25/50 fps inputs)
Resolution: 1920x1080 (if high bandwidth), 1280x720 (if medium bandwidth), or 850x480/720x480/640x480 (depending on aspect ratio, if low bandwidth)
Bitrate: 4800 (if 1920x1080), 2800 (if 1280x720), or 1000 (if 850x480/720x480/640x480)
Schedule ID: (blank)
Schedule ID DISABLED
RTMP server ip: rtmp.boxcast.com
RTMP server ip ENABLED
RTMP server port: 1935
RTMP user name: (leave blank)
RTMP password: (leave blank)
RTMP app name: live
RTMP stream name: the Stream key from the BoxCast RTMP URL
6. Click Apply.
7. Schedule a broadcast in the BoxCast Dashboard like normal and anytime before the stream starts, hit start streaming on the ChurchStreamer. This will start sending data to BoxCast and allow us to publish your live stream at the selected start time of the broadcast.