In this article, we will talk about how to transition from your Sunday Streams account to your new BoxCast account. BoxCast tried to make this as easy as possible for you. If you have any questions about why this transition has happened, feel free to go to this link to learn more! Follow these steps below to successful and if you have any questions along the way, dont hesitate to reach out to email@example.com for extra assistance.
Here is a quick 5-minute video about everything you need to know for the transition.
1. Log into the Sunday Streams Manager and fill out the information in the Pop-Up window on the screen. It is important that you start your 14 day trial with BoxCast when you see this Pop-Up. You will also receive an email and or message in your manager notifying you of the date your server will be shut down. Once your server is shut down, you will lose access to the SS manager and unable to import your past videos to begin the transition.
2. Feel free to watch our quick video on how the BoxCast platform works.
*If you do not want to watch the video, click the Skip button in the button right corner.
3. In the Account Setup Tab, you will be able to set up your password for your new BoxCast account, provide a phone number for our Customer Service Team, and add your city and state for our records.
4. After clicking Next, we will send you a link to verify your email address. Please make sure to do this or you might not have access to your account.
5. Once you verify your email, you will automatically be logged back into the BoxCast Dashboard and will need to follow these 5 sets at the top of the Dashboard to complete the account setup.
6. After clicking on Set Up Your Encoder, you will be provided with your RTMP URL, Server URL, and Stream Key. These RTMP codes are unique to your account and will remain the same. Once you put them in your encoder, you shouldn't have to do it again. For more information about setting up your RTMP Destination, click here.
7. Now it is time to schedule your first broadcast and go live! Fill out the schedule broadcast details page and hit schedule a broadcast. When using an RTMP encoder you must have a scheduled broadcast in the BoxCast Dashboard or you will get an error from your encoder.
The best workflow for scheduling a broadcast with an RTMP encoder is below.
- Schedule the broadcast in the BoxCast Dashboard. This could be hours, days, months ahead of time.
- 10-15 minutes before the broadcast is scheduled to go live, hit the stream button on your encoder. This will start sending data to our servers so the broadcast can go live on time.
- When you are done with the broadcast, we recommend stopping the broadcast in the BoxCast Dashboard and then stopping it on your encoder.
8. Now that you have gone live, its time to Import Your Videos. You will also need to make sure these videos are Public in Sunday Streams to import to BoxCast. BoxCast will automatically import your videos from the last 30 days of your Sunday Streams account. We will also give you the option to select other broadcasts you want to bring over to BoxCast. Please be patient as the importing process could take up to 72 hours to get all of your videos on your account.
9. After you selected your videos to Import, you will now need to pick a Storage Policy. BoxCast offers 2 storage policies for your content. Auto-Bill and Auto-Delete.
Auto-Bill will bill you $0.49 a broadcast hour after the broadcast is 90 days or older. BoxCast will not start billing you for any of your content until 90 days after you complete your trial. Example - You want to upload 100 videos to BoxCast and complete your trial on November 1st. Your 90 days of free storage will end on January 30th so all that content you uploaded and have been streaming, will now cost $0.49 a broadcast hour.
Auto-Delete will delete all broadcasts after 90 days automatically. BoxCast does give you the ability to download or export these recordings during those 90 days. If you would like longer storage, reach out to your client manager at CM@BoxCast.com and they will be able to tell you which plans over longer storage.
10. After you select your storage policy, you will need to confirm these details and click Start Import.
11. The Additional Resources step will guide you through how to embed the BoxCast video player on your website, configure for social simulcast destinations, setting up your BoxCast Tv Apps, and give you an article on where your viewers can watch.
12. Now it is time to Complete Account Setup. Please make sure to read all the information that appears in these next couple of steps. Once you finish this, you will no longer have a Sunday Streams account and you will officially be a BoxCast customer. For questions about the different plans, proposals or anything related to your account, please contact your client manager at CM@boxcast.com and they will be happy to assist.
Q: I forgot to import some videos? What do I do?
A: You will want to get your Sunday Streams videos over to your BoxCast account before completing the account setup. If you have not completed your account set up yet, click on the Import Your Videos button and select the ones you still need.