In an effort to make sports broadcasting an entirely plug-and-play experience, BoxCast has video overlays that include real-time score and clock information within the broadcast. BoxCast has partnered with Trans-Lux Fair-Play to enable the BoxCaster to connect directly with the scoreboard control units. No need for a computer, software, or special setup.
Hardware Requirements From Trans-Lux
Control Unit: MP70 or MP72 (Must have firmware version 2.25 or later),
- Note 1: Ensure your RS-232 port is configured for ProLine data format by responding "NO" to the "VIDEO CHAR?" prompt in the sport-specific setup (consult the manual for more details).
- Note 2: If you use the MP-70/72 with a stats panel, we are not integrated with this configuration at this time.
Instructions for our Wireless Scoreboard Adaptors (WSA)
1. With the BoxCaster powered off, plug in the (B) WSA to the BoxCaster via USB and plug in (A) WSA into the Trans-Lux scoreboard.
2. Power on the BoxCaster and the (B) WSA Rx light will light up red while the (A) WSA Tx will light up green. This is how you know the 2 devices are talking to each other.
Instructions for scheduling a broadcast to use our Wireless Scoreboard Adaptors.
1. Log in to the BoxCast Dashboard and schedule a broadcast.
2. While scheduling the broadcast, select your sport and select the correct scoreboard and scoreboard model.
3. Finish scheduling and thats it!
If all these steps above are followed correctly, you will be able to input data to your Trans-Lux Fair-Play scoreboard that will now automatically be displayed on your BoxCast Stream!
If you have any other questions about how this works, please reach out to email@example.com for more information.