BoxCast and Boinx now have a seamless integration with Boinx's live switching software called mimoLive. Below are the following steps to start streaming in both these systems.
KEY THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1. You must schedule a broadcast in the BoxCast Dashboard. You can not start streaming in mimoLive without a broadcast in the dashboard first.
2. You cannot send live stream data from mimoLive to BoxCast until 10 minutes before the event in the dashboard starts.
3. If data is sent before 10 minutes of the start time, it will appear that it is streaming in the mimoLive software but we will show an error message on the dashboard that says "Waiting to Recieve Data from your Encoder." You won't have to restart the broadcast, you just need to stop streaming in mimoLive and click the stream button again. This will allow us to pick up the data.
4. You will want to schedule all social media streaming through BoxCast still.
If you have any questions about these steps below, please feel free to reach out to Questions@boxcast.com for more assistance.
1. Open up mimoLive and click on the + symbol next to output destinations.
2. Select Live Streaming in the outputs.
3. Click on the service drop-down and click on "Setup Accounts in Preferences".
4. Scroll down and click on BoxCast. You will need to sign into BoxCast and your account will be linked. You will only need to do this one time and you will be all set up in the future.
5. Select your BoxCast account as the output service.
6. Next, go to the BoxCast Dashboard and schedule an event selecting Single-Use RTMP or Static RTMP.
7. Click the refresh button in mimoLive and your broadcast will appear below the service tab.
8. Make sure you click on the "Start with show" button and then click Start Show at the top of the screen. This will begin your live stream as long as it is in the 10 minute window before the stream starts on the BoxCast Dashboard.