BoxCast has an automated captions feature directly inside of the BoxCast Dashboard. To learn more about it, read this article on how it works.
If you do not have automated captions on your account, below are the steps you will need to take to create an .SRT file from YouTube and import it into BoxCast.
1. Start by uploading your video to YouTube or exporting it to YouTube directly from BoxCast.
2. Go to YouTube and click on Creator Studio.
3. Click on Video Manager and Edit on the video you would like to generate an .SRT file for.
4. Click on Subtitles/CC and generate a subtitle in the language you would like the caption in.
5. After the caption is generated, click on the language you would like to create a SRT file for.
6. Click on Actions and then click .srt.
7. Go to https://subtitletools.com/convert-to-vtt-online and insert the SRT file to convert it to a .vtt file.
8. Head over to the BoxCast Dashboard, go to your past broadcast that you would like to apply the new Web VTT file to, click on captions and upload the file there.
9. Once the file is upload. You will have a chance to review and edit the captions, to make sure everything is correct. If everything looks good
10. Once you publish the captions, it will take a couple of minutes to integrate them with the broadcast.
11. Go to the bottom right corner of the video player and click on the gear icon and turn CC on.
Now you are all set! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org