Skill Level: IT Professional or Web Developer
There are 2 current ways to embed your BoxCast stream into your Clover Sites web site. The easiest method is to use an iframe (inline frame), but it sacrifices some viewer experience. The more advanced method requires you to break apart the BoxCast embed code and put half in one spot on Clover and the other half in another spot -- doing this ends up providing a better viewer experience, but it is a little more work for you to set up.
- Read about embedding an inline frame on Clover Sites (easy method)
- Read below for the advanced embed method, which provides an improved viewer experience.
We are working with Clover Sites on an improved integration in the future, and we will update this document when that becomes available.
Advanced Embed Method
Please follow the steps below to get your embed code into your Clover site. After you do this 1 time, it will automatically update with your live streaming broadcasts if scheduled "Public" in the BoxCast Dashboard.
- Configure the broadcast that you would like to embed
- Under ‘Select Broadcast to Embed’, choose whether to show all broadcasts, broadcasts from a specific channel, or an individual broadcast.
- Adjust ‘Select Display Options’ as desired.
- Click ‘Copy to Clipboard’ in the lower righthand corner of the “Copy and Paste the Generated Code into your Website” box.
- Open your Clover Site in Greenhouse.
- Find or create a text section where you would like to add the BoxCast live streaming content. This might mean creating a new page just for live streaming or possibly adding a new text section to an existing page.
- Click into the text section (not the header) and then click on the </> button to edit the HTML code.
- The text in the editor box should look like this:
Copy the element id from the blue embed code into the “<p>” text. When you are done it should look like this based on our example (your “id” will be different).
- Save the page changes
- Turn on Advanced Mode
- Click the “Design Settings” button.