An alternative to the standard Facebook Live streaming from BoxCast is to use the "Other RTMP" option when configuring a broadcast's social media broadcast settings. This allows you to stream to a Facebook destination that isn't linked to your BoxCast account, directly to a Facebook Group, directly to a Facebook Event or can be used as a fallback if the BoxCast<->Facebook connection is having issues.
To use the Other RTMP option to stream to a Facebook Group, Event, or as a fallback, follow these instructions below or watch this video!
1. Schedule a broadcast in the BoxCast Dashboard
2. When you get to the Publish Tab, click Show Social Media Broadcast Settings and click "Other RTMP"
3. Go to your Facebook Page, Group, Event, or Timeline and click on "Live/Video"
4. Click on Connect to get access to your RTMP codes from Facebook.
5. Make sure you click on "Use a persistent Stream Key" to get a static RTMP from Facebook.
*Static RTMP does not change from week to week. It is unique to your page and account.
5. Copy the Server URL and Stream Key on Facebook into the Server URL and Stream Key of the broadcast you want to go live within the BoxCast Dashboard and finish scheduling.
6. Go back to Facebook and hit Schedule and make sure the time/date of the Group Broadcast is the same as the time/date in the BoxCast Dashboard.
7. If you see the "Choose where to post your live broadcast:" option on the Facebook dialog, select that to choose exactly which page, group, event, or timeline should receive the video.
Now you are ready to stream to Facebook! It will automatically start streaming there just like a normal Facebook page setup.
If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to the support team at email@example.com