BoxCast has an integration with Facebook, and we recommend that you use the integration to stream to Facebook for the most automated and reliable streaming experience. Here is how you use the Facebook Integration. However, if using the direct Facebook integration does not fit into your workflow then you may want to stream to Facebook using RTMP.
An alternative to the standard Facebook Live streaming from BoxCast is to use the "Other RTMP" option when configuring a broadcast's social media broadcast settings. This allows you to stream to a Facebook destination that isn't linked to your BoxCast account, directly to a Facebook Group, or directly to a Facebook Event. Be sure to check this article out for how to Save your Facebook URL / Stream Key in your BoxCast Dashboard.
1. Schedule a broadcast in the BoxCast Dashboard
2. When you get to the Publish Tab, click Show Social Media Broadcast Settings and click "Other RTMP"
3. Go to your Facebook Page, Group, Event, or Timeline and click on "Live/Video"
4. Click on Connect to get access to your RTMP codes from Facebook.
5. Make sure you click on "Use a persistent Stream Key" to get a static RTMP from Facebook.
*Static RTMP does not change from week to week. It is unique to your page and account.
5. Copy the Server URL and Stream Key on Facebook into the Server URL and Stream Key of the broadcast you want to go live within the BoxCast Dashboard and finish scheduling.
6. Go back to Facebook and hit Schedule and make sure the time/date of the Group Broadcast is the same as the time/date in the BoxCast Dashboard.
*Note: You have to schedule EACH SERVICE on Facebook. If you do not schedule on Facebook then they will not open up a server slot for you and your video will not be posted by them.
7. If you see the "Choose where to post your live broadcast:" option on the Facebook dialog, select that to choose exactly which page, group, event, or timeline should receive the video.
8. Be aware that Facebook requires you check the event up to 20 minutes prior to the scheduled start time or they will NOT open a server slot. So be sure that you go to your Facebook video page and click into the video itself or it will not go live on Facebook.
If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to the support team at email@example.com