Streaming to Facebook via RTMP is not recommended.
BoxCast has an integration with Facebook, and we recommend that you use the integration to stream to Facebook for the most automated and reliable streaming experience. Here is how you use the Facebook Integration. However, if you aren't able to use the Facebook integration such as when a Facebook page that isn't linked to your BoxCast account, streaming directly to a Facebook Group, directly to a Facebook Event you may want to stream to Facebook using RTMP.
Note that The BoxCast Platform no longer supports automated streaming to both Facebook Live and other streaming services using the Facebook Live Integration. Learn more about this restriction.
An alternative to the standard Facebook Live streaming from BoxCast is to use the "Other RTMP" option when configuring a broadcast's social media broadcast settings. This allows you to stream to a Facebook destination that isn't linked to your BoxCast account, directly to a Facebook Group, directly to a Facebook Event.
To use the Other RTMP option to stream to a Facebook Group, Event, or as a fallback, follow these instructions below or watch this video!
Or check this article out for how to Save your Facebook URL / Stream Key in your BoxCast Dashboard.
1. Schedule a broadcast in the BoxCast Dashboard
2. When you get to the Publish Tab, click Show Social Media Broadcast Settings and click "Other RTMP"
3. Go to your Facebook Page, Group, Event, or Timeline and click on "Live/Video"
4. Click on Connect to get access to your RTMP codes from Facebook.
5. Make sure you click on "Use a persistent Stream Key" to get a static RTMP from Facebook.
*Static RTMP does not change from week to week. It is unique to your page and account.
*Note that once you have checked this box you NEVER want to uncheck it. If you do that then you invalidate the previous "static" link that Facebook created for you. So check this box, add it to BoxCast, and then you can ignore that URL / Stream Key for each broadcast thereafter.
5. Copy the Server URL and Stream Key on Facebook into the Server URL and Stream Key of the broadcast you want to go live within the BoxCast Dashboard and finish scheduling.
6. Go back to Facebook and hit Schedule and make sure the time/date of the Group Broadcast is the same as the time/date in the BoxCast Dashboard.
*Note: You have to schedule EACH SERVICE on Facebook. If you do not schedule on Facebook then they will not open up a server slot for you and your video will not be posted by them.
7. If you see the "Choose where to post your live broadcast:" option on the Facebook dialog, select that to choose exactly which page, group, event, or timeline should receive the video.
Now you are ready to stream to Facebook! It will automatically start streaming there just like a normal Facebook page setup.
If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org