A great way to help raise funds for your program and services is to allow the viewer to offer a donation. BoxCast allows you to configure your video player to ask viewers for a donation.
*Note: Your organization is responsible for complying with any substantiation and documentation requirements for the donations you receive.
If you'd like to enable donations, follow these steps:
1. Reach out to your sales or customer service representative to have them enable the feature for your account.
2. Log on to the dashboard and click Settings.
3. Edit your Player Default Settings.
4. Check the Enable Donations Button option and type in a custom message to show your viewers.
5. When you embed your player or direct viewers to BoxCast.tv, you'll now see a button to submit a donation! Viewers can click and donate to your organization. They'll also receive and email confirming the donation and thanking them.
6. Back on your dashboard, monitor your donations on the Donations Report. BoxCast will mail you a check every quarter for your collected donations.
What is the fee for using donations? BoxCast collects a flat 6% fee on all donations to cover credit card processing charges.
How do I know when a donation has been made? The BoxCast dashboard has a donations report that lists all of your donations. Log on at any time to see recent donations.
How do I generate a donations report? The BoxCast dashboard has a donations report that allows you to sort by date to see all transactions, including the date, name, amount, and invoice number.
When do I receive my donations? Donations checks will be sent out automatically on a quarterly basis unless the amount does not exceed $100 in which case donations will roll into each other until the amount DOES exceed $100. If the amount does not exceed $100 but you would still like it just let us know and we can get that processed and sent out.