The Broadcaster App is the most powerful way to broadcast 1080p60 HD live video directly from your iPhone or iPad.
Powered by HEVC, it's higher quality streaming with the same bitrate. Simply open the app and go live.
Follow the steps below to start streaming on the BoxCast Broadcaster App.
Watch our Webinar on the Broadcast App in the video below!
1 - Download the BoxCast Broadcaster App from the App Store and log in.
- You can use the same credentials as you use to login to your Dashboard
2 - Starting your broadcast
- Click the green Broadcast button located at the bottom of the screen
3 - Enter your Broadcast details. Be sure to select Broadcaster App as your source.
4 - Broadcasting
- Once the broadcast enters the 10 minute pre-roll it will begin preparing. You can click "Start Broadcast" to begin the countdown clock for that broadcast.
- REMEMBER: Data transmission will be disrupted completely if you minimize the app OR if you take a call. It is always best to put your device into "Airplane Mode" - activate "Wifi" - AND turn on "Do Not Disturb". Any phone call or Facetime will completely disrupt the broadcast until the call is ended.
*Note 1: Airplane Mode will turn cellular data off. If the cellular network is the only network you have to work with then do NOT put your device in Airplane Mode.
*Note 2: Uplink bandwidth is critical to a high quality stream, so you should do your best to ensure the wifi network is not congested and backed by sufficient internet service.
When you are done with your broadcast simply "X" out of it and you will be taken back to your Dashboard where you can manage all events after the fact.
Common Questions about the BoxCast Broadcaster App
1. What the is the best way to get audio into my iPhone or iPad?
Check out this article for more information - How do I bring mixer audio into the BoxCast Broadcaster app?
or check out this video - Send Audio from a Mixer to Your iPhone X
2. Does the Broadcaster app work on android devices?
It currently does not. If you would like to see an android app, please email email@example.com
3. Do I need to be on a BoxCast plan to use the Broadcast app?
Yes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not on a plan and want to review pricing options.
4. What devices support HEVC streaming?
When using iOS 11 or later, these devices can stream using HEVC:
- iPod Touch (7th generation)
- iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus or later
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad Pro (10.5 inch)
- iPad Pro (11 inch)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) or later
audio only, apple, application, smartphone, smart, phone, play by play