A Quick look at the BoxCast Broadcaster app (audio / video)
For our Quick Start video, click here.
1 - Download the BoxCast Broadcaster from the App Store and login.
- You can use the same credentials as you use to login to your Dashboard
2 - Starting your broadcast
- Click the green Broadcast button located at the bottom of the screen
3 - Enter your Broadcast details. Be sure to select Broadcaster App as your source.
4 - Broadcasting
- Once the broadcast enters the 10 minute pre-roll it will begin preparing. You can click into the broadcast on your Dashboard and you will see the below screen:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: You can only start a broadcast once you have hit the scheduled start time. Once you are at or past the scheduled start time you will see this button on the Broadcast page:
- REMEMBER: Data transmission will be disrupted completely if you minimize the app OR if you take a call. It is always best to put your device into "Airplane Mode" - activate "Wifi" - AND turn on "Do Not Disturb". Any phone call or Facetime will completely disrupt the broadcast until the call is ended.
*Note 1: Airplane Mode will turn cellular data off. If the cellular network is the only network you have to work with then do NOT put your device in Airplane Mode.
*Note 2: Uplink bandwidth is critical to a high quality stream, so you should do your best to ensure the wifi network is not congested and backed by sufficient internet service.
When you are done with your broadcast simply "X" out of it and you will be taken back to your Dashboard where you can manage all events after the fact.
Note that you can bring audio in via the 1/8" jack on your iPhone / iPad BUT the adapter MUST be a TRRS adapter. If not the iPhone / iPad will not recognize the incoming data and default to the onboard microphone.
audio only, apple, application, smartphone, smart, phone, play by play