Watch this video for how to schedule your first broadcast.
Follow the steps below to schedule a broadcast inside the BoxCast Dashboard
1. From your Dashboard, click Schedule a Broadcast.
2. Enter the broadcast information. You will need to fill out the Broadcast Name, select your Source (BoxCaster, Broadcaster App, or RTMP), Start Date, and Start/End times. You can also add a Description, as well as a Preview Image.
3. Is it a recurring broadcast? If yes, check "Make This a Recurring Broadcast". Learn more about recurring broadcasts here. If not wishing to set up a recurring broadcast, skip this step.
4. If using a scoreboard,select that next. If not using a BoxCast scoreboard graphic, or this option is unavailable, skip this step.
5. Select your Broadcast Type.
- Ticketing broadcasts can be embedded on your website or sent to your viewers via the BoxCast.tv link. Learn more about ticketing here.
- Private broadcasts will only appear in the dashboard. Private broadcasts can be sent using the BoxCast.tv link created when the broadcast is scheduled.
6. Select a channel. If using the channel feature, pick which channel the broadcast will appear in.
7. Select social media destinations by clicking on the blue icon for social media. BoxCast allows you to stream to unlimited social media destinations and has integrations for the most common outlets like Facebook, Youtube, and Periscope (Twitter). We also have an Other RTMP option when planning to stream to Twitch or other social media destinations.
8. The last step is to configure any advanced settings. If using the BoxCaster, there are a lot more options then streaming with RTMP. Leaving these on Auto-detect is what we recommend, but to learn more about advanced settings, click here!
9. Once the broadcast is scheduled, you will be directed to the Broadcast Details page where you will be able to edit the broadcast as needed.
Q: What happens if my event is continuing but the broadcast reaches its end time?
A: You can always extend the end time of the broadcast while it is live, to ensure this doesn't happen. If you do reach the end time, the broadcast will stop.
Q: How do I stop a broadcast?
A: After the broadcast is live, you can click on that broadcast and you will see a red Stop Broadcast button on the right-hand side of the screen.
Q: Can I edit the broadcast while it is live?
A: Yes! Just click on Edit in the top-right corner of the broadcast, and you can edit the settings.