If your plan includes the Apple Tv, Roku and Fire Tv feature, or you have purchased the add-on feature, you can quickly configure your channel for display in the BoxCast apps. Once configured, viewers will be able to download the BoxCast app and immediately find your channel.
Configuring your TV App settings:
- Log on to dashboard.boxcast.com.
- Click on the Settings page and open the Playback Settings edit dialog.
- Click on the App Settings tab.
- Select the checkbox "Show My Account Channel in the BoxCast Apps"
- Type in your preferred display name and description. This will show up for viewers in the app, and the keywords in the name/description will be searchable.
- Drag and drop to upload your logos. Follow the instructions below to prepare the logos in the proper file size and format for optimal usability.
- Click the Update Settings button to save the changes.
- Test your channel by loading the BoxCast apps on your AppleTV and Roku device and playing back some of your broadcasts. See instructions here if you need help finding the BoxCast app.
AppleTV Logo Specifications
The AppleTV logo is used in several places - as an icon to find your channel, shown larger on your channel page, and even scaled/blurred as a background on your channel.
Your logo for the AppleTV channel should be 1280x720 in dimensions and under 300kb in size. Choose either PNG or JPG depending on the type of logo (JPG works better for photographs, PNG works better for linework/illustrations). This will allow for a high quality experience for viewers.
File type: PNG or JPG
File size: under 300kb
Roku Logo Specifications
The Roku logo is the same aspect ratio as for AppleTV, but scaled smaller. That is because many Roku devices are less powerful than AppleTVs and perform better with smaller images. If your logo is too large, it will impact viewer experience.
Your logo for the Roku channel should be 300x169 in dimensions and under 150kb in size. Choose either PNG or JPG depending on the type of logo (JPG works better for photographs, PNG works better for linework/illustrations). This will allow for a high quality experience for viewers.
File type: PNG or JPG
File size: under 150kb
Fire Tv Specifications
As of 2/1/19, your Fire Tv app will automatically be added. The width, height, file type, and file size fill be accounted for while adding to the app. If it looks wrong to you inside of the app, please contact email@example.com for more help.
Looking for our Chromecast instructions? Click here!
If you have any other questions about how to get your Tv App settings working, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.