The BoxCast Low-Latency Preview feature allows you as a broadcaster to troubleshoot streaming issues in near-real time from a remote location. You can remotely monitor what your camera is sending without waiting for it to be seen by viewers, who are typically on a 30s+ delay in order to allow for transcoding/transrating of the stream. This allows you to verify camera position, audio volume, etc. much more rapidly as a type of remote confidence monitor.
Note: If you are streaming using a BoxCaster Pro, the low latency preview will be unavailable as HEVC encoding is not supported by the flash player used for low-latency preview. Low-latency preview will work if you use an iOS device and the Broadcaster App.
1. To find the Low-Latency Preview option on the BoxCast dashboard, you must be streaming an event.
2. Next, click on edit broadcast details while you are streaming.
3. You will see the "Show Preview" button right above stop the broadcast. This will allow you to watch your feed with very minimal delay.
- We recommend using Google Chrome with Low-Latency Preview.
- If you do not have it activated for your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org