PLEASE NOTE: This will not work with all DSLR cameras. This will only work if the DSLR sends a clean HDMI output to the BoxCaster. We do not recommend streaming with a DSLR camera but understand that it can be an option in some cases.
Common issues when using a DSLR for streaming:
- Audio might not pass through the HDMI connection
- The image could be cropped on the screen
- Icons from the camera could be displayed on the broadcast
- The built-in display could shut off when you plug in an HDMI cable
- Most DSLRs only use batteries that must be switched for longer broadcast
Below are the instructions on connecting a Canon DSLR up to the BoxCaster. The Canon 5D Mark iii will not pass audio of HDMI but will display a clean HDMI output for the broadcast.
Step 1: Go into the settings of your camera and find "HDMI output + LCD."
Step 2: Turn "Mirroring" on.
Step 3: Turn "Auto power off" to "Disable", so the camera does not shut off during the broadcast.
Step 4: Plug in your mini HDMI to HDMI cable into the BoxCaster and you are all set.