Follow these key steps to use vMix Live Production Software with your RTMP Solution.
NOTE: vMix is a Windows/PC only product unless you install Windows on your Mac.Click Here for more instructions
RTMP Channel Instructions:
1. Schedule a broadcast in the BoxCast Dashboard.
2. On the dashboard go into sources > Click on RTMP Channel > to find the Stream URL and Stream Key.
3. Log into your vMix Software and click on "Configure Stream Settings" button.
4. Set the Destination as Custom RMTP Server and enter the URL and Stream Key in the two areas below.
5. You will want to create a custom "BoxCast" profile inside of vMix by clicking Add and naming it BoxCast. This will save your Server URL and Stream Key inside of vMix.
6. Click "Start" or click "Save and Close." If you click save and close, you can start the stream by clicking the "Stream" button on the bottom of the screen.
Things to Remember:
- Once you input the Channel RTMP settings, you will not need to input them every time you stream as long as you create a profile (step 5).
- The broadcast will begin at the scheduled time in the dashboard. Example, if you schedule a broadcast to start at 10 am and hit the stream button in vMix at 9:45. the Broadcast will start streaming through BoxCast at 10 am.