If you are a customer on any of our Public plans (fully free video to viewers) you can stream your broadcast to Facebook Live. This is sometimes referred to as simulcasting - you'll be simultaneously broadcasting to both BoxCast and Facebook Live.
Read below to find out more! Or check out our video tutorial.
Entering your Credentials for Facebook Live:
To check what pages you can stream to on Facebook, go to the settings tab in the BoxCast Dashboard and click on Facebook. The pages you can post to will be under "Pages Managed" If you do not see the account you want to stream to, please check to make sure you are an Administrator NOT an editor of that page.
Configuring your broadcast for Facebook Live:
Schedule a Broadcast.
Show Social Media Broadcast Settings, then click
Log in to Facebook.
Public.This gives BoxCast permission to post the live stream on your Facebook timeline or the timeline of any pages you manage.
Facebook Liveicon to add a Facebook Live destination to your broadcast.
Show on My Timeline, or choose a page that you manage.
Logging out of one Facebook account and into another:
BoxCast will automatically use your logged-in Facebook account when linking accounts. To link a different account on the BoxCast dashboard:1. Visit facebook.com in your browser.
You will want to give BoxCast full, public permission when linking. Here is how you check to see if you have done that:
1. Log in to Facebook.
2. From the drop-down menu in the upper-right, click on
3. In the menu on the left side of the screen, click on "Apps":
4. Under "Logged in with Facebook", you should see the BoxCast app. Click on it and make sure that the "App visibility and post audience" is set to
Public, and the following boxes are checked:
What restrictions are there when broadcasting with Facebook Live?
- Facebook Live only supports streams up to 720p. This means if you’re streaming in 1080p through BoxCast, the stream will be a lower quality on Facebook.
- Facebook Live's transcoded bit rates are usually lower than BoxCast's, which may reduce quality for your Facebook stream's viewers.
- Facebook Live frequently sums stereo audio to mono.
- Facebook live broadcasts cannot be longer than 4 hours. If your BoxCast stream is longer than 4 hours the event will no longer be broadcasted on Facebook. We will continue broadcasting the stream on BoxCast, however, and you can re-enable the Facebook Live broadcast through the "Edit Event Details" section of the video by removing, saving, then re-adding your Facebook Live destination (which will create a new video on Facebook).
For additional questions, contact the BoxCast Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org