BoxCast has the ability to easily broadcast to Facebook Live. This is sometimes referred to as simulcasting - you'll be simultaneously broadcasting to both the BoxCast video player on your website, Apple Tv /Roku and Facebook Live.
Read below to find out more! Or check out our video tutorial.
Before we get started, here are some common questions and answers about streaming with Facebook Live.
1. Why is it linking my personal account?
- It will link your personal account and allow you to steam to any pages you are an administrator for on Facebook.
2. Can I stream to Facebook and YouTube at the same time?
- Currently, with our API integration for both platforms, you cannot stream to Facebook and YouTube at the same time.
3. Can I stream 1080p to Facebook?
- No. Facebook limits each stream to 720p.
4. My Facebook Account is linked in the BoxCast Dashboard but my stream did not go to Facebook. What happened?
- You must link each broadcast to Facebook Live if you plan on streaming there. Follow the steps below to make sure you are scheduling the broadcast correctly to go to Facebook Live.
5. Can I stream to a Facebook Group not a page?
- Yes! Please use our other RTMP option to stream to the group. Follow those instructions here.
Follow these steps below to configure your account for Facebook Live streaming.
*If you logged into the dashboard with your Facebook Account already, skip to step 4 to see how to schedule a broadcast to go to Facebook Live.
1. Click on settings in the bottom left corner of the dashboard, click on Facebook and then click Link Facebook Account.
2. Enter your Facebook credentials to log in securely through Facebook.
.This gives BoxCast permission to post the live stream on your Facebook timeline or the timeline of any pages you manage.
- The pages you can post to will be under "Pages Managed" If you do not see the account you want to stream to, please check to make sure you are an Administrator NOT an editor of that page.
-You can only post to business or personal pages. You cannot post video directly to Groups. If you want to send a video to a group page you will need to stream to your timeline and then share the video from your timeline to the Group timeline.
Logging out of one Facebook account and into another:
BoxCast will automatically use your logged-in Facebook account when linking accounts. To link a different account on the BoxCast dashboard:1. Visit facebook.com in your browser.
You will want to give BoxCast full, public permission when linking. Here is how you check to see if you have done that:
1. Log in to Facebook.
2. From the drop-down menu in the upper-right, click on settings.
3. In the menu on the left side of the screen, click on "Business integrations"
4. Click on the View and Edit button under the BoxCast to make sure that all the areas are checked and your "Business integrations visibility and post audience" is set to public.
What restrictions are there when broadcasting with Facebook Live?
- Facebook Live only supports streams up to 720p. This means if you’re streaming in 1080p through BoxCast, the stream will be a lower quality on Facebook.
- If using the direct Facebook integration you CANNOT send to other social media destinations. You can still send to your own website but you cannot send to Facebook Live AND other social destinations at the same time.
- Facebook Live's transcoded bit rates are usually lower than BoxCast's, which may reduce quality for your Facebook stream's viewers.
- Facebook Live frequently sums stereo audio to mono.
- Facebook live broadcasts cannot be longer than 4 hours. If your BoxCast stream is longer than 4 hours the event will no longer be broadcasted on Facebook. We will continue broadcasting the stream on BoxCast, however, and you can re-enable the Facebook Live broadcast through the "Edit Event Details" section of the video by removing, saving, then re-adding your Facebook Live destination (which will create a new video on Facebook).
For additional questions, contact the BoxCast Support Team at email@example.com