The BoxCast video player has the ability to share your broadcast on Facebook and Twitter. You'll see this if you click the dashboard link to watch a broadcast on boxcast.tv. However, the sharing links don't always appear, for example:
- Private/Test broadcasts are not intended to be shared
- Broadcasts embedded directly on your site do not have a Facebook developer app ID configured by default that works on your site, so the links are not shown.
If you'd like social sharing links but don't see them today, you have a few options:
- The easiest solution is to simply direct your viewers to the boxcast.tv link shown on your dashboard rather than embedding on your own site. We realize this doesn't work for everyone, but it's something to consider.
- On your own web site, you could add a separate social sharing widget (e.g. Social9 or ShareThis) to your page next to the BoxCast widget. This will allow viewers to share a link to the page hosting the video, pulling more traffic back to your site.
Advanced Configuration Option:
To configure the BoxCast player to add social sharing links when embedded on your own site, follow these steps:
- Sign up for a Facebook developer's account and generate your own Facebook application ID for your web site at https://developers.facebook.com.
facebookAppId: "<value from your developers.facebook.com app>"
- If you'd like to make sure the link shared directs viewers back to your own web site rather than boxcast.tv, add an optional 3rd argument: