Integrating Flash Media Live Encoder (FMLE) with BoxCast
Flash Media Live Encoder (FMLE) is a free live encoding software product from Adobe Systems. You can stream from FMLE to BoxCast using RTMP.
FMLE can be configured to stream manually to BoxCast using RTMP. To stream to BoxCast using manual RTMP configuration:
- From your BoxCast dashboard, schedule the broadcast like normal, selecting Generic RTMP as the Camera/Location.
- Up to 10 minutes before the scheduled start time, open your BoxCast dashboard and click on the event to be broadcast to open the detail view:
- Underneath Broadcast Controls, click Broadcast From FMLE:
- Click Download Configuration File to download an XML file that can be used with FMLE.
- Start Flash Media Live Encoder.
- From the File menu, click Open Profile. Open the file you downloaded in step 4.
- If you receive a Profile Validation warning, click OK.
- Configure video inputs and any other settings you wish to customize.
- Click Start to begin streaming.