After you’ve provided a great live broadcast for your viewers, and maybe even captured some highlights, you can export the recording or the highlights to YouTube or Vimeo. While you can certainly always embed your BoxCast recordings directly on your web page, some users already have an audience on YouTube and Vimeo and like to move their recordings there for longer-term storage.
These brief instructions will help you take the few easy steps to export your recordings and highlights to YouTube and Vimeo.
Linking Your Accounts
To link your YouTube account:
1. On your BoxCast dashboard click on Settings, then the Integrations tab
2. Click on Add Integration and select either YouTube or Vimeo. You might be asked to sign in, or you may be asked to select from a list of accounts. Complete the sign-in process, or select your account/email from the list.
3. After you get signed in, locate the recording you wish to export and click on its title to view the broadcast details.
4. Underneath Recording Controls, click on Download or Export Recording, then generate the mp4 for that broadcast.
5. After that is finished, then click on the YouTube or Vimeo tab, Configure any settings for your export. For YouTube, you can configure the license (YouTube or Creative Commons) and privacy (private, public, or unlisted); for Vimeo, there are no additional options, click Export To YouTube or Export To Vimeo. Your recording will first be converted to a mp4, and then exported to the chosen destination. This process can take some time, and you can safely close this window while the process continues in the background. In most cases, you will receive an email directly from YouTube or Vimeo advising you of the export’s progress.
If there was a problem linking your YouTube account, you may need to remove the app from your approved Google apps. Visit https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions, click on BoxCast, and click Remove. Then retry the process of linking your account.